We are a group of believers who are welcoming, caring and have a desire to love and serve our community. We cover all ages and stages of life. Some of us are new believers, some are seeking, and some have been believers for a long time. We seek to meet newcomers where they are and show them the kindness of Christ. Our history in the community is one we are proud of and desire to be a staple in the Greater Brunswick Community.  In the past we’ve held performing arts camps, chili cook offs, block parties and more. We aim to show others the love of Christ in a tangible way. We desire to be the Church. We desire to live life together.

Our History
On January 21, 1906, having met for several months in interested parties homes and later Red Man’s Hall, 30 members under the direction of Rev. Benjamin Porter became First Baptist Church of Brunswick.  The small congregation was very dedicated to their community and their church.  Having procured land from the B&O Railroad, the building was started in 1908 and dedicated in 1909.  The Parsonage was added in 1923.  The Church had large growth periods during the tenure of several Pastors.  In 1979, discontentment in the congregation caused a split, leaving a small but dedicated congregation to move forward.  First Baptist Church has stood the test of time, having celebrated their One Hundredth Anniversary in October of 2006.

Pastors who have served at First Baptist Brunswick

  • Rev. Benjamin D. Porter         1905-1911
  • Rev. Charles V. Ellis                 1911-1912
  • Rev. George W. Whiteside      1912-1922
  • Rev. J. F. Rorex                        1923-1924
  • Rev. James P. Daniel               1924-1941
  • Rev. Leonard D. Carmack       1941-1971
  • Rev. Jack Marcum                   1971-1975
  • Rev. Boyd Frank                      1975-1979
  • Rev. Frederick Gamble           1979-1988
  • Rev. Rene Olivier                     1988-1992
  • Rev. James L. Rousey             1992-1994
  • Rev. Daniel T. Spiker              1994-2004
  • Rev. James L. Rousey & Rev Mark Edwards shared duties 2004 to early 2007,
  • Rev Mark Edwards                2007- June 2011
  • Rev. Phil Graves                     Nov 2011 to Present